C-Tech Rubber’s Push-In Seal is for the connection of pipes that are produced from various materials (such as PVC, PE, cast iron, fibre-reinforced cement, concrete) to manhole base units or concrete and steel-reinforced concrete pipes.
- Resilient, high quality seal, able to stand high shear forces
- Various connecting pipes can be used – the tolerance of the gap for the push-in seal profile to take account of is ± 1.7mm
- Compression slip ring seal – the seal is pushed into the cored hole and fixed in place by the shoulder section on the seal and is compressed slightly when fitted, giving it a “pre-load” against the cored hole
- Centre pipes due to its unique design
- Permits water-tight connection of pipes to concrete components through a cored hole in a dependable, flexible and cost-effective manner
- Complies with the following standards; DIN4060 (Pipe joint assemblies with elastomeric seals for use in drains and sewers), AS1646 (Elastomeric seals for waterworks purposes) and ASTM C443 (Standard specification for joints for concrete pipe and manholes using rubber gaskets)
Material meets AS 1646, ASTM C443
C-Tech Rubber’s Push-In Manhole Seal is normally manufactured from “natural rubber to AS1646”, as this material is suitable for the usual stresses in a sewerage application.
If sewerage contains light fuels (such as oils, petrol and fuels), then it is recommended that C-Tech Rubber’s Push-In Manhole Seal be made from nitrile rubber (NBR) due to it’s ability to withstand these light fuels.
Dimensioning the sealing ring and cored hole
Please see Push-In-Seal Brochure.
- Clean the cored hole.
- Press C-Tech Rubber’s Push-In Manhole Seal into the existing cored hole all the way to the shoulder (do not use lubricant at this particular stage of the installation).
- Bevel end of connecting pipe.
- Apply Lubricant to end of pipe and seal.
- Centre pipe and push in.