Butyl Mastic Joint Sealant Brochure
BUTYL MASTIC JOINT SEALANT TECHNICAL PROPERTIES
C-Tech Butyl Mastic, a high tack quality butyl sealant.
Concrete Joint Advantages
- Meets Astm or exceeds C-990
- Fast insulation with long lengths
- Excellent adhesion and cohesion
- Extreme temperature workability
- Permanent bonding & flexibility
- Will not shrink or oxidize
- Concrete pipes
- Septic tanks,
- Pre-Cast Box culverts
- Wet Wells
- Storm drains
- Will stay flexible indefinitely
Note: The mastic thickness should be twice the thickness of closed space to be sealed.
1. Brush sealing surfaces to remove foreign materials.
2. Make sure sealing surface is dry.
3. Press tip of exposed sealant against bottom of joint surface and wrap the coil around joint, putting ends together.
4. Remove paper wrapper and couple joint.
5. Wet or unusual applications may require primer.